1983 Graduated from the Department of Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Tokyo
1985 Completed the master's course at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo
Joined Toshiba Corporation in 1985
1996 Received Doctor of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo
2020 Retired from Toshiba Corporation
2018-present, Deputy Director of Cyber Physical Security Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology and Leader of Hardware Security Research Team
Specializes in cryptographic implementation and hardware security
- Shinichi Kawamura, Masanobu Koike, Fumihiko Sano, Atsushi Shimbo: “Cox-Rower Architecture for Fast Parallel Montgomery Multiplication”, Eurocrypt2000, LNCS Vol.1807, pp.523-538, Springer-Verlag, 2000.
- Hanae Nozaki, Masahiko Motoyama, Atsushi Shimbo, Shinichi Kawamura: "Implementation of RSA Algorithm based on RNS Montgomery Multiplication," CHES2001, LNCS Vol.2162, pp.364-376, Springer-Verlag, 2001.
- Shinichi Kawamura, Atsushi Shimbo: “Fast Server-Aided Secret Computation Protocols for Modular Exponentiation”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol.11, No.5, pp.778-784, June 1993.
- Shinichi Kawamura, Yuichi Komano, Hideo Shimizu, Tomoko Yonemura: “RNS Montgomery Reduction Algorithms Using Quadratic Residuosity,” Journal of Cryptographic Engineering, published online: 3, Sept. 2018 (Printed Journal, published in Vol.9, No.4, pp.313-331, 2019)
- Shinichi Kawamura, Yuichi Komano, Hideo Shimizu, Saki Osuka, Daiske Fujimoto, Yuichi Hayashi, Kentaro Imafuku: “Efficient algorithms for sign detection in RNS using approximate reciprocals,” IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, Vol.E104-A, No.1 pp. 121-134, Jan. 2021.
- Google Scholar : https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=XCX13kQAAAAJ&hl=ja
- Achievement Award from the Institute of Electronics, Information, and Communication Engineers (IEICE), Jun 2021.
- Letter of Appreciation for contribution to ISEC research activity, from ISEC Technical Committee of IEICE, 2016
- IEICE Fellow, 2014
- Specially Selected Paper Certificate from Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ), 2014
- Contribution Award from the Engineering Sciences Society of IEICE, 2006
- Young Researcher’s Award from IEICE, 1993