Research Goal of CPSEC
Our research goal is to promote research on security enhancement technologies, evaluation technologies, and security assurance schemes to realize security in a society where cyber/physical space is highly integrated (cyber-physical security), and to contribute to economic development and the realization of solutions to social issues.
What CPSEC Aims to Achieve
CPSEC researches and develop technologies that provide theoretically backed solutions to the security issues that society is currently facing. In addition, CPSEC researches and develops technologies to solve the issues that will emerge in the near future by anticipating them. By disseminating information on our research results and findings, we aim to demonstrate the potential we have and to gain the trust of experts and society. To achieve these goals, we will find solutions by exploring promising approaches from various perspectives.
- Focus on the cyber and physical systems (CPS) respectively, and both, and their interaction parts. (Fig. 2)
- From the nanoscale to chips, boards, embedded systems, automobiles, critical infrastructure, and smart cities: a solid buildup from physical basis to applied systems
- Consider security for more complex systems for which a solution has not yet been established
- Explore solutions by going into theoretical and physical principles
- Consider proactive measures as well as reactive measures
- Take on the challenge of quantifying and visualizing security
- Consolidate hardware/software security researchers and researchers engaged in security standardization
- Promote the establishment of a center of excellence by actively inviting external personnel (from companies, universities, and public institutions) and providing the state-of-the-art research environment.