2005-2009. Bachelor’s degree in School of Mathematical Engineering, The University of Tokyo.
2009-2011. Master's degree in Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo.
2011-2014 Ph.D. degree in Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo.
2011-2014. JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists (DC1),
2014-2015. JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow, Research Institute for Secure Systems, AIST
2015 -. AIST
Currently working as a senior researcher at Cyber Physical Security Research Center, Advanced Cryptography Research Team, AIST. Specializes in post-quantum cryptography.
- Shweta Agrawal, Monosij Maitra, Narasimha Sai Vempati, Shota Yamada, "Functional Encryption for Turing Machines with Dynamic Bounded Collusion from LWE," CRYPTO (4), pp. 239-269, 2021.
- Shweta Agrawal, Shota Yamada, "Optimal Broadcast Encryption from Pairings and LWE," EUROCRYPT (1), pp. 13-43, 2020.
- Shuichi Katsumata, Ryo Nishimaki, Shota Yamada, Takashi Yamakawa, "Designated Verifier/Prover and Preprocessing NIZKs from Diffie-Hellman Assumptions, " EUROCRYPT (2), pp. 622-651, 2019.
- Nuttapong Attrapadung, Takahiro Matsuda, Ryo Nishimaki, Shota Yamada, Takashi Yamakawa, "Constrained PRFs for NC1 in Traditional Groups," CRYPTO (2), pp.543-574, 2018.
- Shota Yamada, "Asymptotically Compact Adaptively Secure Lattice IBEs and Verifiable Random Functions via Generalized Partitioning Techniques," CRYPTO (3), pp. 161-193, 2017.
- Homepage : https://staff.aist.go.jp/yamada-shota/
- DBLP : https://dblp.uni-trier.de/pid/03/8625-1.html
- Google Scholar : https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=M6R6LSAAAAAJ&hl=en
- Eurocrypt 2020 Best Paper
- WISA 2019 Best Premium Paper
- 2018 IEICE best paper award
- Dean's Award for Outstanding Achievement from Graduate School of Frontier Science (Ph.D) (top honor in the department), The University of Tokyo. May, 2014.
- IWSEC 2013 Best poster award
- Tsujii Shigeo Security Award, 2013.
- Symposium on Cryptography an
- Symposium on Cryptography and Information Security 2010 (SCIS 2010), Best Paper Award.